Wednesday, September 21, 2022

St. Patrick's Day

Ever since Claire was in preschool and they created them as a class project, she's super into setting up Leprechaun traps for St. Patrick's Day. We read Tomie dePaola's St. Patrick book for historical context...and then I let them create their traps with fairly free reign (as long as I don't have to be involved). Here's this year's setup:

Front door instructions

Leprechaun restaurant

Snacks, sugar, and glitter to draw the leprechauns in

We have really cohesive St. Patrick's clothing for some sizes, and we're a little more, ahem, thrown together for others.

My mom sends fun cards and decorations (and often socks) that the girls love and delight in, and I usually have some gold-wrapped candy (mini Snickers, anyone?) for everyone. I have no idea how long Claire will be interested in Leprechaun traps, but I'll let her make them as long as she wants to.

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...