Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Making the most of our time.

I have a really cool election night story to share, but I'll hold off on that for a few more days so that everyone can get back to life as normal. 

Brad and I really want to make the most of our time living in Boston. Unfortunately, those first few weeks/months were kind of eaten up with me being sick. The upside is that I'm a lot more mobile and able to function now, so we're able to participate more in our city's life. We've had a few visitors over the past month: Breanne, my family, Hughey, and Karen. In the next week, we'll have Brad's family and Kat. We're really blessed with wonderful family and friends that love us and want to visit us (...and Boston. Let's face it- we live in a very cool city.). 

Karen was here most recently, and we were able to do quite a bit while she was here. I'll share about some of our adventures over the next week or so. I need to apologize in advance for being bad at taking pictures. Oi. I'm just not on top of it sometimes. 

One of the cool things we did was go to a Celtics game. Now, ask me what I know about the NBA. Here's my answer: basketball. Michael Jordan. That's pretty much it. I now know that the Celtics are the beloved team of Boston. LOTS of green appears when they play at TD Gardens downtown. Also, one of their players (#5, Kevin Barnett) was born the year my parents graduated from high school, and he's 6'11". Whoa! So tall. That's, like, more than double my previous NBA knowledge.

Anyway, we got seats in the nose bleed section (about 7 rows from the top), but they were really not bad. We could see everything going on, so I'd say that's a win. Speaking of win...the Celtics did not win. They were playing the Milwaukee Bucks and lost by 10 points (we'll just ignore the part about how the Celtics were down by 20 for the majority of the game...), but it was fun anyway. We happened to be there for the first home game of the season, which was fun. There were pyrotechnics at the beginning and everything. Is that even legal indoors??

Our friend, Karl, also joined us, which made it even more fun. We had pizza at Regina's Pizza beforehand, which was great! We followed that up with cannolis from Mike's afterward (you know, while walking to the game), which was also great...but also kind of a mistake. So. Much. Food. 


Karl and Karen squished into our tiny book at Regina's.


Brad and me. I was the only one wearing green; I must be the real fan, right?


Game time! There were about one gazillion people there.


See that Gillette box? Ryan Lochte was in there! They showed him on the jumbo tron, and apparently, he was tweeting about it, too.

Between the food and the friends, we had a great time supporting the Celtics! Hopefully, we can go again sometime next year. Who wants to volunteer to be the friend(s) that join us??

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...