Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Backing up a little

Back in October, my family (minus Brad...he had school) celebrated Amiee's 21st birthday with a trip to New York City. Mom planned out an awesome few days of city-ness, and we made the most of our time (which included 2 hot dog meals!). We spent a decent amount of time in Times Square (Amiee just wanted to soak it in), ate at Serendipity (One Fine Day style), saw Mary Poppins on Broadway (LOVED. IT.), hung out the Plaza (even though we didn't run into Eloise), and met a celebrity. It was a great, great trip (although, my sciatica was ridiculous and made me verrrrrry slooooow). I am so ashamed to say that I only got three (3) pictures on my camera. Shame on me. So, I did what any resourceful gal would do and snagged some off of Amiee's Facebook. Hers are the fun ones.


Amiee originally wanted to see Lion King, but everything worked out better for us to see Mary Poppins. We all LOVED it- including Daddy. Here's the huge sign in Times Square. Right next to another show I'd love to see one day. Any other Newsies junkies out there??


Amiee's Instagram collage (clockwise): playbill, the curtain, and ticket.


We found this add on the backside of the building and had a little photoshoot. This was our favorite shot. I love how Daddy's getting into the spirit of things.

One of our all-time favorites. Although, Daddy will never forgive us for not giving him a heads-up about how it differs from the movie. I'm not sure why he's so shocked by that...


The Plaza. Amiee and I can quote (rather obnoxiously, I'm afraid) every line from Eloise at Christmastime. If you've never seen it, you are SO missing out. ABC Family usually runs it for 25 Days of Christmas. You must get yourself some hot chocolate and watch it. 


Our celebrity! He's the actor who plays Carlisle in the Twilight movies. So, maybe he's not a huge celebrity, but it totally counts! 


Here we are, very happily hanging out in Times Square. Such a great trip!

We all headed back to Boston for a couple of days, and we took a Megabus. Mom snagged us a deal of $2.50/per person. For a 4.5 hour bus ride from NYC to Boston! Can't beat that. If anyone is visiting NYC and wants to swing by to visit the Boswells in Boston, Mom can hook you up with the cheap tickets. Way to go, Mom.

My in-laws are visiting right now, and Kat comes in tomorrow! We're having a great time with visitors and are SO EXCITED about Thanksgiving next week. Yay!

1 comment:

bo said...

I'm totally a Newsies fan! Glad you enjoyed Mary Poppins!

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...