Friday, November 30, 2012

The Bird Beak Challenge

I'm being vulnerable with this picture, y'all. It's not terribly flattering of me and particularly makes me face look fuller than I'd like. Can we say it's the angle? (and pretend it's not actually my face?) I'm not really a baby-bump-photo-taker, so I'm not crazy about pictures of myself currently. I have, thus far, not found pregnancy to agree with me very much- whether in health or image, so there's a lack of photographic evidence in general. Does that make me a bad person?

When I realized I was running out of my pre-baby belly pictures, I frantically began searching both my scanty maternity wardrobe and Disneybound for characters I could scrounge up. Tricky, tricky. However, I think I came up with a few that I can pull together in the next few weeks. 

Here's my first attempt:




Amiee has already done this one, and our two takes on this character are definitely different and varied. Incidentally, the picture of us on her post was taken just a couple hours before Brad and I told her about Baby Boswell (and she bounced around the house for a few minutes in her excitement.). Our guiding light for this challenge:




Zazu! Poor Zazu...he only wants to help, and Simba just makes fun of him. And doesn't listen. And gets in trouble. Oh, Simba. If only you'd listened to Zazu's wise counsel...

Character: Zazu from The Lion King

Outfit:
*Blue shirt is from NY & Co. and is actually not maternity. Just stretchy.
*Cami is maternity and is from Old Navy (I have one in white and one in black, and they are pretty much worn daily.).
*Yellow sweater was a hand-me-down from Mary Ellen.

Disneybound inspiration board:




I have no idea what maternity character will be next, but I promise to come up with something. It definitely ups the "challenge" factor. And, let's all pretend that my face isn't as full as it looks, ok?

Images from here and here.

1 comment:

Kat said...

I know you aren't a big fan of the pregnancy photos, but you really are so cute pregnant! (p.s. of course it doesn't make you a bad person.)

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...