Friday, July 15, 2022

Around here lately: September 2021 edition

Despite my failure to post here, I have continued to record the girls' sayings and commentaries. Please enjoy!


Tithe... You know... God's money.

Sometimes, I'm slow on these math problems because they're hidden in the back of my brain. It takes a minute to pull them out.

Sometimes my left hand gets tired, but my right hand has more free time, so I can use it to open hard things.

I'm LONGING for some sunny weather!

No, Lily, you can just SAY "I'm going to be king," like Russia did.
Note: this comment was made last summer, before the Russian invasion of Ukraine in February 2022. She made this comment after studying Ukrainian history for our Ukraine unit in August 2021. It's still a true comment, though.

Oh, that would be frightful!

Erin: Why was everyone making noise in the hallway this morning?
Claire: Oh, because Trumpkin escaped.

Re: the triple bunk bed in their room
Brad: Claire, you still like sleeping on top?
Claire: Uh yeah! It's the best thing ever!

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...