Friday, July 22, 2022

Around here lately: October 2021 edition

Does she have a logical path of fear like Winn Dixie?
Pathological fear...referring to Because of Winn Dixie by Kate DiCamillo

Did you know Miss Amanda is a nurse that works at night? She's sort of nocturnal.


I got serious Ramona Quimby vibes from this outfit.

Erin: Yes, well, your mother is fabulous.
Claire: Um, are you boasting?

You know, we've tried a lot kinds of pretzels: big, sticks, round, regular. I think we just need to add a Mickey pretzel to our list...


Composing an email to a friend in Honduras (TCK of an American family)

Claire's Sunday school teach to me, as I picked her up:
You're Claire's mom, right? She is a joy to have in Sunday school.

Comment from the room mom for Claire's class at Community Day:
Claire is a delight!


Reading the much-anticipated response to her email to Honduras

I heard a scary noise and simply made a bolt for it!

Our tigers ate up those sharp-back pigs!
Auburn beat Arkansas, and this is my FAVORITE.

Pocket watches are very British.

I think now would be a good time to explain why water gets higher when ice is in it.

I got to go up the longest ladder! I would never have hoped for such a dream!
Playing Chutes and Ladders

Did you know I'm a little bit like Aravis and a little bit like Lasaraleen? I like dogs and archery and swimming, but I also like jewelry and clothes.
A very good analysis of two characters from The Horse and His Boy

Another mom at church filled me in on an overhead conversation:
Another little girl at dance (at church): Who's Mrs Anne?
Claire: Well, Miss Maggie helps Miss Bethany, and Mrs Anne fixes everything.
She was NOT WRONG. All the moms agree.

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...