Saturday, July 23, 2022

LILY-ISMS: October 2021 edition

Reflecting on the movie Tangled
Rapunzel was right! Her step-mother DIDN'T know best! She knew the WRONG!

I feel like Jane in this dress. I think it's a little bit romantic.
Jane is a character from The Penderwicks series.


Can we talk about being safety conscious?
Yes. Always.

Thank you for retrieving my crayon.


Erin: Lily, whatcha doing?
Lily: Oh, just sleeping like a squirrel.

What is a “rubber sheep?”
It was actually a "rubbish heap." She was listening to Beatrix Potter.


Mommy, Hallie loves Trumpkin DEARLY.

A text from my friend, Danielle, who was one of the leaders during children's church:
Highlight of my morning- during the telling of the Noah story at children's worship, Lily interjects: "I'm glad I wasn't at the flood!" 


Our long-time babysitter, Lydia, was in town from college for the weekend, and her boyfriend was with her.
Lily: Did you get married??
Lydia: No, no I didn't.
Lily: Um. Someone's following you... (Points to boyfriend)


Text from my friend, Cory, following one of our Community Days:
I just REALLY like Lily!

Bobbing for apples is a Halloween-y thing.

Look! I've got my backup Trumpkin.


Erin: Hey Lily. You going downstairs?
Lily: Yeah, but I'm decorating myself first.

Oh, we were just helping a beetle. He was wounded.


Sometimes, boys make me be disturbed.

I figured it out quickly because I already knew that.

That loud banging and bonking is destroying my brain.


She's the champion!!
Claire winning Chutes and Ladders

Lily: When we were going through the Pig Movement Aisle.
Amiee: You mean the gifs?
Amiee had been looking at funny gifs on her phone with them.


Where's my heart in my neck?
Pulse

Erin: Lily, you have to stop doing that. If you continue to do that, then we'll need to-
Lily: (in theatrical voice) I'll be burned alive and then beaten to death and then kept on bread and water for six weeks! Right?
An almost direct quote from The Horse and His Boy


Praying... Ends with 
"the end!"

Hi Tucker! We can't pet you right now- we're going somewhere to eat our dinner!
Tucker is a neighbor dog

Preeeeeesenting MYSELF!


Claire danced like a MOVIE PRINCESS!

Lily: Can we watch two movies?
Brad: Well, we won't have time for two. Do you want to skip trick-or-treating?
Lily: No... Can we skip bedtime?

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...