Thursday, July 14, 2022

Hallie's first birthday pictures (so, so late)

Again, this is almost a YEAR late in posting. Hallie will celebrate her SECOND birthday in about 6 weeks. Thankfully, she's very forgiving of my tardiness.

Hallie's first birthday was the day after we were released from our COVID quarantine/first day of Community Day. Much to the older girls' dismay, I did not have things in place to celebrate her birthday ON her birthday. To be fair to me, I had not been to the grocery store or gathered any supplies, and I still felt awful. But they did such a thorough job shaming me that I got everything together for a party the next day after church (and when I say "party," I definitely just mean our family at home).

Evidence:


I made the cake, but we bought the cupcake. By the way, we always use a cupcake as a smash cake. Otherwise the element of waste is too much for me to handle.

Picture by Claire!
Look at the baby licking her lips.

It was a little confusing at first.


But then she tasted it and we got this knowing look.

She might also be a little unsure about whether or not this was sanctioned by the parents.




No shortage of gifts.

Apparently, she needed a lot of help to open her presents.


And Lily thought that this gift needed some extra love.

But the girls gave her the BEST gifts.
It says: Things we love about Hallie
From Claire, Lily, and Brynna

"I think she's sweet and cute. From the first time I saw her, I loved her. When I held her, it felt like sunshine (and Trumpkin loved her, too). She is my friend. -Lily"


"From the first moment I saw her, she was the perfect sister. She is a beautiful sister. She will always be my best friend. -Claire"

"We wrote this book in honor of Hallie's very first birthday! We love her and we will always love her. Happy 1st birthday!"

"A love book mark made by your sisters."

I very much cannot handle how darling their gifts to her were. They worked so hard on it, too. So thankful for all of them.

We had a great time celebrating Hallie, and I'm pretty sure she really loved the concept of the party. Especially cake. And opening presents. And being the center of attention. Just...all of it.

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...