Thursday, April 15, 2021

Around here lately: February 2021 edition

Claire gave me permission to keep posting her quotes, so I will!

I instructed her to do something with me for school that she very much didn't want to be doing.
Erin: How would you feel if we were doing something together and I acted like I didn't want to be with you?
Claire: But... You ALWAYS want to be with me!
I'm very glad that she believes this. I never want them to *see* that I need a break.

This story is just POURING out of me like a cereal box!
She's a burgeoning authoress, and spends a lot of time writing her books.

I heard some whimpering.
Erin: Claire, are you ok?
Claire: Yes! I'm playing!
Pause
Claire: We're really good at pretending, you know.

Snakes are NOT a family favorite.

I was upstairs feeding, dressing the baby.
I brought your coffee up instead of Daddy because I was suspicious of what you were doing.
I think I've learned that she uses "suspicious" and "curious" interchangeably.

Hooray! I'm overjoyed!

Branklets : anklets

Lily: Excuse me, Daddy Thomas. They learned that Brad's middle name is Thomas.
Claire: It's Dr. Daddy Thomas Boswell.

We returned home from a weekend visiting Amiee in Boone, and everyone was crying.
Mommy, I know it's overwhelming when so many people are crying, but I'm just so sad and miss Bo!


Claire is absolutely in love with The Penderwicks series, and there is a lot of Latin used/quoted/read in the books. She was thrilled when she saw this on Brad's shelf and he said she could have it. It should be noted that Latin is a part of our homeschool curriculum.

Oh my goodness! That was lovely light!
Sun came from behind clouds

I'll be a doctor for you when I grow up, Mommy! I'll just have to squeeze in the astrophysics stuff on the side.

Hallie is quite the spinner!
Hallie has learned to spin around in her Jenny Jump-Up.

Commenting on Brynna being wild:
THIS is where the wild things are!

I love you, Shadow. I love my shadow because it looks so pretty.

I feel most comfortable when I'm reading or writing. 
Me too, Claire.


Wearing her book shirt from Mrs. Romine

Day before her birthday
Today is a jolly day because I'm going to spend it being SEVEN!

Text I sent to Brad the day after Ash Wednesday (Ash Wednesday being the first day of Lent/the day that you begin refraining from using "Alleluia" as part of liturgy and worship):
Brynn is singing "Alleluia" and Claire is losing her mind that Brynn is breaking the rules. 


The unicorn was the judge...

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...