Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Our token snow day

Here in the Piedmont of North Carolina, we almost always get at least one snow day during the winter months, and this year was no different. Unfortunately for the girls and for Brad, 2021 protocols meant that the lovely Southern concept of the Snow Day (everything shuts down! outside fun! warm beverages and yummy snacks! movies by the fire!) wasn't quite what it used to be; virtual classes for Brad due to the pandemic = virtual classes instead of a snow day, and homeschooling = still doing our planned work for the girls.

Obligatory pre-play snow pictures




This one watched from inside the storm door.

She had a little trouble with her hat.


I got to initiate my new hat that Barbara made me for Christmas!

I would like to point out that I let them play in the snow, watch a movie, drink hot chocolate with marshmallows, and eat fun snacks. I also had Claire do her schoolwork (when the snow started to melt), because we had the time even after all of the aforementioned activities. I'm nothing if not pragmatic.













It was a fun day! But, I'm always so exhausted after all of the exercise I accidentally get on snow days, thanks to all of the in-and-out maneuvers of snow gear. WHEW!

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...