Sunday, April 11, 2021

LILY-ISMS: January 2021 edition

She's a hoot. Please enjoy.

Hoot...get it?

We're going to Wonder World!
A pretend location she created

I'm hungry but I found a goldfish on the floor and ate it. 

Trumpkin always never takes her eyes off of me.

Lily: I just really don't like this part.
Erin: Which part?
Lily: The part where we say byeeeee! *bursts into tears*
After watching Amiee drive off for home

Mommy, you are a delight!

We're flying to Alabama. The dragons are going to take us there.
Pretending with Brynna

Mommy, can I tell you something? Trumpkin can speak Pig.

Singing a totally made-up song
Erin: That's nice, Lily.
Lily: Yeah, it's a grown up song, but I like to sing it.

She was born on her birthday???
Apparently, she had never before made the connection that our birthdays are a celebration of the day on which we were born.

Do you remember Miss Lydia? She was such a good friend.
Lydia has been our babysitter for several years, but she was here 3-4 mornings a week all last summer.

I showed the girls a picture of a bunk room one morning before beginning school.
Erin: Should we listen to the timeline? part of our memory work for school
Lily: No, I just want to think about that bunk room.

Wherever my backpack goes, I go.

Lily found a missing object that we had been hunting. I sang "For She's a Jolly Good Fellow."
Hey Claire, I'm a jolly good fellow because I found the thing we were looking for!

I have an elephant friend and a monkey friend who like to color.



When Hallie is asleep, I don't turn on my spinners. I don't want to wake up poor old Hallie.
Referring to her electric toothbrush making noise in their bathroom which is next door to the room where Hallie sleeps

Happy birthday to Monday! Happy birthday to Monday!
During the pandemic, we've had the girls sing "Happy <insert day of the week> to you!" as a way to wash hands an appropriate length of time and to remember the day. Sometimes they get confused...

Erin: How do you think your hair knows to be curly?
Lily: Because I'm Lily!

Erin, taking off pullover
Look at mommy! She's coming out of her cocoon!

Brynnie's in my favor.
i.e. doing me a favor

The llama that I'm babysitting told me I'm the worst babysitter ever because I wouldn't let it dunk it's head into the silverware or wet plates.
She had stuffed animals with her while unloading the dishwasher...


The llama in question

Raising (flexing?) eyebrows with Erin
I'm better than you.

Chang-a-lang
Wind chimes

Here, mommy, you can have Special (the name of a turtle), because you're special to me.

I'm going to hibernate until Christmas.

Erin: You need to come unload your dishes.
Lily: I can't right now. I have ads to watch.
I think she meant the previews before a movie.

I tried coloring with my feet at nap time.

Singing
You know where I got that high voice? From Trumpkin. She sings so beautifully.

We're going to the North Pole. Santa will want us to stay, but I'm going to tell him that we already have a family and are just visiting.

Using stuffies to decorate for a party
They're the party animals!


No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...