Friday, April 16, 2021

LILY-ISMS: February 2021 edition

This month's quotables has a delightfully-high concentration of Trumpkin quotes. Please enjoy!

Is anything better than A CAT CHEF?
Trumpkin was sitting on the counter by us while she was helping me with supper.

Said plaintively, from the bathtub, by herself
(Sigh) I wish dinosaurs were alive.



She went through a little phase of wanting to sit in Brynna's high chair.

I PARTICULARLY didn't like that Rainbow was down here.
Rainbow is a stuffed cat that was accidentally left downstairs overnight.

*Confesses something*
Erin: Thank you for letting me know.
Lily: Yeah, Claire was about to tell you, but I got to you first.

Queen Mommy of the Wild Things!

You might not have octopus arms, but you have good little helpers!
I had mentioned once that I needed octopus arms.

Instead of watching our shows, let's talk about Bo's new house.
Claire and Brynna wanted to watch their daily allotment of shows, but Lily wanted to talk about Amiee's new apartment in Boone.

Mendax mendax pants on fire!
In The Penderwicks, Mr. Penderwick uses Latin phrases very often and at one point, translates the phrase "Liar, liar, pants on fire!" into Latin. Lily was trying to use the phrase...but forgot the second half and just reverted to her native tongue.

I turned around and looked at Lily while we traveled to Boone.
She winked and said, "Best mommy ever!"

Lily, to Amiee after spending the night and getting ready for the day: We have to be all clean and shiny when mommy and daddy come!
Brad, Hallie, and I were staying at a nearby AirBnB.

I saw my friends! They're back!
Amiee's unknown new neighbors

Don't fire anything, Brynnie!
Brynn had picked up the lighter that my mom was about to use for birthday candles.

Lily: "words, words, words...Keychains"
Claire: She means the things that go on your hands when you go to jail.
Erin: Ah. Hand cuffs.

It was so fun when we saw them go down the drain. Can you back it forward? 

While watching Mary Poppins Returns

When we returned from Boone, most of the children were very fragile and weepy. The decision was made to put everyone to bed a bit earlier than usual. Lily didn't want to go to bed early.
Erin: Hey, Lil, thanks for being in a good mood.
Lily: Yeah! Because I'm in a good mood, I'd LOVE to stay up later!



Dachos can be our brother. He's kind of like a person. He's... Tall!
Dachos is a stuffed dog. He is, actually, rather long.

Claire, I found Dave!
Spotted one of our associate pastors on a Sunday morning Zoom session. Note: they don't call him "Dave;" they had just heard Brad mention that "Dave just joined the call."

Striped Kitty thinks she's old enough for a boyfriend... But she's NOT.

Trumpkin can climb A HOUSE bigger than ours!

Trumpkin is a little fragile today...
Fragile: emotionally sensitive

Don't worry! Trumpkin is on Baby Patrol.
Not that I don't trust Trumpkin, but I'd rather an actual person watch Hallie.

Um, Mommy, could you be quieter? Trumpkin fell asleep.

Trumpkin wants to be a opera when she grows up.

Trumpkin was KNITTING. I didn't know she could knit with her nose!

Designing constellations on their walls with glow-in-the-dark stars.
Claire: I made the Big Dipper and The Great Dog.
Lily: And I made the Great Trumpkin!

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...