Friday, April 9, 2021

2021: a new year!

Mom, Dad, and Amiee were here to help us ring in the new year! Even before we had kids, we never really stayed up until midnight. We are just not late-night people. So, we "ring in the new year" several hours before the new year actually rings in.

The girls were so very excited about it all; Mom had hats and party pipes for them, and I pulled up a video of Times Square from new years past for us to countdown and holler with. We watched it three times. They were thrilled each and every time. 

On New Year's Day, we dutifully ate our pork, black-eyed peas, greens, and cornbread like the legit Southerners that we are. Some of us ate extra so that we could compensate for the fact that we didn't eat it last year (we had the flu), and that's probably why 2020 was the way it was. Never again will I skip it (unless I have the flu again, I guess...).




Brynn could not be bothered to stop eating for a picture.

I almost never remember to get pictures with me in them, so we made sure to get one of my parents and me! The last one we took before this one was this one:

November 2019 at the zoo in D.C.!

It was a good January 1st in Durham. Nothing particularly fancy but lots of good food and funny moments. Definitely a win in my book!

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...