Friday, August 14, 2020

Fourth of July

Fourth of July was, obviously, low-key compared to years past. No guests came over for a cook-out and ice cream, but we found ways to have fun celebrating America among the five of us. I started a few days before by dressing Brynnie up in the plethora of patriotic-themed outfits that we have in size 2T:

 
Outfit #1






Outfit #2




I managed to supervise some VERY low-key, low-involvement crafts, which went over very well:

Paper lanterns (minus any flames or whatnot)

Brad spent the entire day smoking pork on the grill (a la his Father's Day grilling science book), so he and the girls spent some time playing in the water and eating popsicles on the back porch while he tended the grill:

It was far too hot for me outside. Different children joined me inside from time-to-time. This was Brynn's patriotic outfit #3, by the way.


This pork was UNBELIEVABLY good. We were stunned at how fantastic it was.


And, of course, I had to get pictures of the girls in their themed clothing:
It was a super hot day, but we ate good food, had fun making crafts, and generally enjoyed a fun summer Saturday celebrating the US. I count that as a win for 2020!

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...