Tuesday, August 4, 2020

LILY-ISMS: June 2020 edition

One of my favorite things about Lily right now is that she is the sweetest hugger and checks on me regularly to see how I'm feeling. She often brings her stuffed animals to keep me company and loves to sit with me to make me feel better. She is so sweet and kind, and I'm loving this age with her. Also...she's still hilarious.


I'm a rock star again.
Wearing a shirt with stars

Elbows on my knee.
Knee caps

It was just a little swig of rain.




My eyebrows are very sharp.
Sharp = pointy

I'm the monster of Brussels sprouts.
She can PUT AWAY some Brussels sprouts.

This is my friendship slide.
Sliding off the bed comforter

Goldfish! We're saved!
We bought some.


For nature school, I want to see a bunny and a lizard! And a giant crane fly.

We found some nature!

I brushed down/calmed Lily's hair.
Mommy! What did you do?? I need my curls back!

I blew the balloon up so big! I couldn't believe my eyes!



We aren't fighting and aren't angry at each uvver!

Erin: Are Trumpkin and Wishbone friends? Stuffed animals
Lily: No, they fight.

Lily: Hey guys! Let's unload the car and the trailer because it's such a beautiful day! 
We were already in process of unloading.
Claire: Lily's adorable.

To a neighbor with a dog
I just have to tell you something. You can go back after we have a little chat.


Erin: how did Trumpkin like your big trip?
Lily: Oh, she loved it!

Driving into Surf City (where we go to the beach with Brad's family)
But can we swim? Do we have to surf?

I'm the brussly sprout monster!

I'm making the bone naked!
Cleaning the rib bone. Totally and completely



We saw it on the thing where they get the milk...um... The refrigerator!

We put thumbs up when the tag is in the back!
When getting dressed and successfully putting her clothes on the right way.

Here, mommy. You haven't had a Lily hug today!


You can have a Lily hug today.

Will you come be with me in the sea?

My spit is just like fireworks.

Mommy. Trumpkin was very angry with you when you didn't hear us.


I showed them our set out on the deck.
She showed my parents (via What's App) our dinner set up on the back deck of the beach house.

Claire, the straps of your swimsuit look beautiful like your potholders!

I remember my birthday. It was so nice.

When trying to decipher a story Lily was creating and explaining.
E: So... Does that mean Brynnie is a pirate, too?
L: No. She's one of us.



When Brad asked Google to pull up Maps.
WHO is Google?

I want to go to Tennessee!! To see Gran and Grandpa! Without Claire and Brynnie.

Norfa Kina! HERE WE COME!
Norfa Kina = North Carolina. Driving back to Durham (North Carolina) from Surf City (North Carolina). We're still working on her understanding of geography.

Find the side of the bed with the book. That's Daddy's.
She's not wrong.

I just wanted to move my operation up here where Brynnie isn't crying.
Moved her stuffed animals upstairs to play.




No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...