Saturday, July 18, 2020

LILY-ISMS: February and March 2020 edition

I have slightly more quotables for Lily from February and March...but I'm still combining them. I know they said all kinds of great things; it's just hard to record them all!



February
That looks like a checkerboard.
Our Ikea cube units.

Erin: Bring me a tissue so we can blow your nose.
Lily: I already snorted it up.

Old King Kong was a merry old soul.

She and Trumpkin got a few books from the neighborhood Little Library.


When I look at the sun, it brights my eyes.

Nana, Mommy has a baby in her tummy.
This is significant because she said it before we had told them anything about the baby.



The clouds catched up with the sun.

I cheered up from all that crying.

Can you inside outside my shirt?





March
We need to pull the leaves. It looks like a rainforest.
We need to harvest our herb plants...which were, actually, a bit overgrown.

Erin: That was smart, Lil.
Lily: It was just super clever.

I put a bow on Brynnie's hair. Doesn't she look lovely?



Lily: Don't say anything about P-P-A-Y because Brynnie cried. She can't have pappy anymore.
We were breaking Brynn of her paci, which she called "pappy." Lily had heard us spell "pappy" on several occasions and decided to try her hand at it.

Driving in the car
We passed the sun!!! Oh, don't worry. It's following us!!

I like my shirt with the keys.
A Harry Potter shirt that has Quidditch goal posts on it.


Singing, from The Rescuers
E-r-n-e-u-z, rescue aid society!!

Deliver us from evil because a noun is a person, place, or thing.
Apparently, she decided to combine a few things we'd been learning...

My teeth were wiggling because I was cold.
Chattering



My bladder isn't ready.
When she didn't want to try to use the potty before bed.

I don't like the celery tentacles.
Fibers

I'm scared because there's a dictator under my bed!
We had been working on our Classical Conversations history memory work that happened to be covering European dictators. The little song that goes with that memory work is a kind of frightening-sounding melody that Lily really didn't like. Dictators = monsters for under-the-bed concerns.



Love this girl.

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...