Wednesday, July 22, 2020

March 2020: a recap

March 2020.

Wow. What a month March turned out to be, huh? The first two weeks were fairly normal-ish, so I'll write about that in this post. I'll do a separate post about the beginnings of Safer-at-Home. 

The first couple of weeks in March were mostly our usual: Duke, homeschool, dance, church. My parents had already planned a March visit to coincide with Claire's baptism, and Bill and Barbara were already planning to come for that, as well. 

The first Friday in March was our family's turn to do the family presentation at our homeschool co-op morning gathering. I had hoped to be there but was still too sick. Thankfully, Brad's Duke schedule was flexible (and grandparents were in town to help that week), and he was able to go. They shared a bit about our time in DC and, from what I heard, did a very good job!


My parents try to schedule a visit in March each year- kind of between birthdays- and have a joint birthday celebration/family party for the girls (Claire's birthday is 6 weeks before Lily's, and Lily's is 3 weeks before Brynna's).

I love this picture.

Mom always brings fun party decorations. This year was tropically-themed.




We also squeezed in one more birthday party for a friend before everything shut down. Her mom sent me these cute pictures from the party:



We did lots of this during March, pre- and post- Stay-at-Home:


A decent amount of this at the church playground across the street from our house:


As well as some frolicking around our house and bushes:



Our friend, Miss Amanda, had a birthday in March that we dressed up and recorded some special birthday messages for:




Brynnie was a tiny bit needy and clingy during this stretch of time, so there was a lot of this, too:




And here's my monthly round-up of Brynnie pictures:



This was my costume for my 4-year-old dance recital. It's aging quite well, I think.




She actually enjoyed this activity with her sisters up until the very moment I snapped this picture. 

My mom was here through St. Patrick's Day, which meant the girls got to do extra fun and festive stuff with Nana.

Working on a Leprechaun Trap. Not my idea, but Claire remembered making them at preschool and Kindergarten, so we gathered some supplies. They had a blast!







Nana took them through Krispy Kreme for green donuts.



And they FaceTimed Amiee!

Unfortunately for the girls, we still do chores on minor holidays. The bathroom isn't going to clean itself, you know?


Thankfully, everyone cooperated, and we were able to grab a few cute pictures with Nana. Who even knew that we would end up with such a long stretch of not being able to see her? I'm super glad we snagged these shots:

Brynn looks particularly strawberry blonde when she wears green, I think.

Everyone is looking at the camera! A miracle!

We got a lot of fun life crammed into those first couple of weeks. I'm glad we did...because it got weird after that. #COVID

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...