Sunday, July 19, 2020

Claire turned 7!

My oldest baby (who was born yesterday, right??) turned 7 this year. HOW?

Even though her birthday, at the end of February, was pre-COVID/stay-at-home, I still didn't manage a birthday party. I've been pregnant during two of her previous birthdays (3 and 5), but I was third trimester for those birthdays and wasn't mostly stuck in the bed with migraines and nausea full-time. So, we gave her a few gifts that she'd requested, bought her a gorgeous unicorn cake from our friend, Kendall, and made her favorite meal, breakfast for supper. She was a great sport about it, and I love her for it.


She wanted a bathrobe and eye covers. Got her the pandas because of our deep DC panda love.

I still needed to get in a school day, but I did my best to make it as fun as possible. We played math games, did a fun read-aloud, conducted a science experiment, watch some School House Rock, and tried out Art for Kids Hub for the first time (which was a HUGE hit and turned into a regular activity for us. I even bought "proper" art supplies for going forward.).


I think they did this for over an hour!

Claire is such a delight. She is enthusiastic about life and learning new things. She's a wonderful helper and is acquiring many new skills as we introduce new chores and house tasks to her. She is kind and thoughtful, is a great friend to Lily, is a marvelous (and patient) big sister to Brynnie, and she loves to help Brad and me. I love her love of school and how easily she can entertain herself. I hate how quickly she is growing up, but I'm so glad that she loves being part of our family...because we love her and her place in our family so, so much!

Kendall's unicorn creation.


Isn't it beautiful? Claire had no idea that I'd ordered her a cake (I usually make one), and she was thrilled.

She was also pretty sad that we had to cut into it.


We love you so much, Claire! I can't even find all of the words to tell you how much. You were the best baby, a *mostly* delightful toddler, and have been a joy as an early elementary girl. I wish you weren't growing so fast, but I'm glad I get this front-row seat to watch.

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...